Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Browse Internet

• Please log in to reply

BlackHayate

BlackHayate

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have a Dell laptop, and my internet isn't working. My cable hooked to router and its working fine. Is there anything you can help with? I checked almost every thing (IP, DNS, etc.) and it says working properly. I think some files that to run internet is missing because I just got some spyware and adware on it (Spyware Quake, securityinternet, Smitfraud) After I removed it, My internet isn't working anymore. I used IE, and I used SpywareDoctor to remove those infections. Please help, thank you.

P.S. When I tried opening Internet, it always stuck on "opening ****" or "waiting for reply" its happend on every site that i goes to. i tried to delete history, cookies, files too, but it didn't work.

Advertisements

BlackHayate

BlackHayate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I really need help ASAP, please! So I tried to find any website that I can get into, I ended up at www.xanga.com. I can load it but only the top part, and its still keep loading but nothing else can be view. what does this mean? MY laptop need to be able to use internet soon, please help. I use the same router as my desktop computer, so I think it shouldn't be at the router or modem. Please help, Thank You.

BlackHayate

BlackHayate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi again, I figured what is missing from my internet. When I tried to check my connection status, nothing come up. No tab, no error. If you don't know what I'm talking about here the picture of what its supposed to show. : Posted Image