Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop Norton Anti-Spam from loading on Outlook 2002

• Please log in to reply

terryww

terryww

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am running Windows XP Home SP2 on Velocity Micro PC at 3.0 GHz with 1 GB RAM with Office XP Pro 2002.

I have been getting runtime errors when I first start up Outlook 2002; doesn't happen again until system reboots. I have read many messages on how to stop it (seems widespread), and I think it comes down (for me) to Norton AntiSpam as part of NIS 2005.

Actually, I am not sure if AntiSpam is loading as part of NIS 2005 because I have disabled it and it remains disabled, yet it keeps loading into Outlook even though I have repeatedly removed Norton AntiSpam from my com-ins in Outlook, disabled it in NIS 2005. I am also running NSW 2005 with Norton Antivirus (version 11.0.9.16) and Norton Utilities (version 18.00.062).

One person said the solution to their problem (runtime error) was to run "Scanpst" to repair Outlook data file. I ran scanpst and it repaired several errors, yet when I rebooted the same Runtime error when I started Outlook 2002.

How can I get Norton AntiSpam to stop loading?

Advertisements