Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Carmageddon Graphics

• Please log in to reply

postvikram

postvikram

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello friends,
I would like some help on the Carmageddon Carpocalypse Now. I have a P 4 with XP and 512 RAM ,Intel 815.

I have installed and played Carmageddon in this same desktop before. I have uninstalled sometime back and now I tried to install it again.

I have this problem. It installs completely then when it asks "install Quick time" I skip and then install Direct X too..The installation completes properly but there is nothing in the Program Files at the start menu.

I navigate to the custom folder where I installed Carma II and start the program. The program starts normally with the intro movie but then after the real game starts, the graphics is poorly pixelated. It was not like this last time. How do I get it corrected?

I have been running the display in 1152x864 . PLease help.

PS: I had Spyware in my PC and got them removed by the GEEKS TO GO methods.Would something hae blocked any file from installing?

Advertisements

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
have you tried adjusting the in game graphics? have you installed any new drivers for your video card?

postvikram

postvikram

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes, I tried.But actually there were no options coming up in the game to adjust graphics.I think that suggests incomplete or wrong installation.
Im wondering if I should clean up some registry stuff top remove traces of the games's previous installation.

Or

I should check with the logs/quarantines/blocked programs of various Malware/Adware tools that I recently worked with to remove infection in my PC.

thanks for your suggestion.More welcome.
Best regards
Vikram

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
If you could, could you take a screen or two of the game so we can see how pixelated it is?

I playd this game a while back and I don't remember the graphics being that amazing, but my memory might be failing me.