Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

videocard resolution

• Please log in to reply

okeee

okeee

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
When I set display resolution to 1024x768, the display gets much smaller. Why is that?

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well first of all are you using an LCD or a regular monitor? Either way it may be a problem with the monitor.... if it's a regular monitor you MIGHT be able to adjust that to fit the screen again. If it is an LCD there isn't much you can do. LCD's have a native resolution that you need to run them at for best results.... anything not at the native resolution can cause all kinds of wierd things...

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
It's a regular monitor. How can I adjust it? If I higher the resolution, all display becomes smaller.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you mean that the whole screen get's to small for the monitor? or that the icon's and fonts get smaller?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

It's a regular monitor. How can I adjust it? If I higher the resolution, all display becomes smaller.

depends on the monitor... some you can some you can't.... but also as dsenette said please clarify is the whole display smaller than the monitor or do you mean the icons have gotten smaller...

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Only the icons are smaller.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
That should be normal. Increasing the resolution will decrease the icon size. Decreasing the resolution and the opposite will occur...icon size will be bigger.