Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

CD drives

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When trying to install itunes I lost my cd rom drives. I have one CD rom and one CDRW/DVD. I have finally got them back however they are named wrong. the cd rom is labeled DVD drive and the cdrw/dvd is label just as a cd rom drive.
I had roxio cd burner software which I removed
I have disconnected the drives physically from the motherboard and uninstalled them from device manager and one by one reconnected the drives to load one at a time. when the cd rom drive loads it works fine however is labeled wrong. it is also listed under unknown in the device manager I have run a check through device manger to update driver and to install new driver now of which works. the message is that the device is workin properly and driver is up to date.
when I reattach the cdrw/dvd windows stalls at start up.
i am running windows xp pro, sp2
dell dimension p4

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...a...ails&f_id=8 go there...download and run the program...cd drive's back?