Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Backup Program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nathan_Benton

Nathan_Benton

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
www.dvdbackupxpress.com

I found this today. Pretty much, I just got a DVD burner to backup my DVDs because my sister seems to keep getting her hands on mine, and scratching them up. I've gone through 3 copies of Pulp Fiction

So the nero software I got doesn't burn copy protected DVDs to prevent piracy. But here is my situation, all my DVDs are protected. Has anybody tried the program from the link above, and does it work real good? Quality good? Does it take more than one DVD for a one DVD movie?

I'll be pretty upset if I have to take this thing back because my use for it isn't going to work, ya know?
But if that program is crap, do you guys know of a better free one?

Thanks guys.
~Nate

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well here's the deal...it's generally accepted that for most digital media (dvds, music cds, computer game cds, etc..) that you are allowed to make a backop copy for archival purposes...this is correct...however...what you are not allowed to do is bypass copywrite protection (drm or whatever)..to do this...sort of a catch 22 (committing suicide is illegal...what? how will i be prosecuted for that!?!)...so in light of that...we cannot help you here because helping you to backup these disks would be the same as helping you steal the movies from disks you didn't own....sorry...

if you have any issues with this please pm a moderator or an administrator