Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to read DVD-rom discs on the computer

• Please log in to reply

Mr_Dove

Mr_Dove

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've had a bit of a problem on my PC for a while. I'm posting it here under the assumption that it is a windows problem.

I recently got a DVD burner for my computer. Part of the reason for it is because I have a 4 year old who tends to damage his movies (spongebob, etc). I backup the movies that have the highest probability of getting damaged.

The computer and the burner have no problem reading any original movies but any of the backup copies that I make are only recognized as blank disks. The computer sees the disk but does not see any data. It opens up the "write data to a blank disk" dialogue.

The same thing seems to be happening with data disks that I burn. The computer sees only a blank disk instead of the data.

At least as far as the movie backups go, I know that the copies are functional. They play just fine on my DVD player. It is only the PC that they do not work on.

please offer any suggestions on what might be causing this rather bizzare situation.

Advertisements

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
What kind of Decoder do you have? Lets go from there...