Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound driver problems?

• Please log in to reply

Wicked Sushi

Wicked Sushi

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I had a bunch of spyware on my computer, so I reformatted my hard drive yesterday. I didn't have any problems, besides for one little thing; there was no sound playing from my speakers. I tired to look for drivers, but I don't really know what kind of sound card I have. I tired to look, but I don't even know how a sound card supposed to look like. Anyways, I looked up Dell's website, installed a bunch of drivers and everything and still no luck. Though when I installed something called "VIA Audio Deck" I had sound, but it was sped up by at least 30% so it sounded all weird. Also, I tired to watch a wmv file last night, but the video was sped up as well. By now I uninstalled and reinstalled all of my drivers now though, so I'm at the start point again.

Here are some screenshots of what's happening:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now:
Posted Image

Though I figured out that I have "Intel 82801BA ICH2X - AC'97 Audio Contrller [B-0]" by installing "EVEREST Ultimate Edition". I don't know what that is, but it was under "Audio".

Any help would be really-really appreciated.

Edited by Wicked Sushi, 21 June 2006 - 02:23 PM.

Advertisements

Wicked Sushi

Wicked Sushi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I know I'm not supposed to bump my own threads, but I completely rewritten my post, added pictures and now I sort of have a slightly different problem as well (now there's no sound at all). Sorry.

Edited by Wicked Sushi, 21 June 2006 - 02:26 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Who made your computer. Is it a store bought computer? Are you up to taking the side cover off your computer and writing down any information you can see thats printed on the motherboard? I'm looking for a brand name and model of the motherboard( they're usually bigger lettere than the rest.. With more information we can find the drivers you need. AC 97 drivers are common but each manufacturer programs the drivers to suit their motherboard.

SRX660

Wicked Sushi

Wicked Sushi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Who made your computer. Is it a store bought computer? Are you up to taking the side cover off your computer and writing down any information you can see thats printed on the motherboard? I'm looking for a brand name and model of the motherboard( they're usually bigger lettere than the rest.. With more information we can find the drivers you need. AC 97 drivers are common but each manufacturer programs the drivers to suit their motherboard.

SRX660

My computer was made by Dell and it's an Optiplex GX150. I bought it at a local store, but I don't think they tinkered with the computer at all. Well, I took the opened the cover and I didn't see much. There's this chip sticking out of it though, but I couldn't see the sticker on it, as something obstructs it, which I don't know how to take out. Here's what I seen on the motherboard though:

98EKD
1985-00
SCI128-RI3

That's about it. :\

Wicked Sushi

Wicked Sushi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Actually, nevermind. I showed my problem to my friend a few minutes ago and he sent me a link to a driver, which actually worked. So I'm all good now. :whistling: