Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't access my webmail

• Please log in to reply

mgozalbo

mgozalbo

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hello,

I can't access my email account through webmail...
I have a website and an email account with that domain and I've always been able to access the email via webmail (squirrel mail), while at the office but one week on my new job and I cannot access my personal email account from the new office, I suspect that the administrator is blocking my computer from accessing it.
I can access any other web page.

I am using here a mac with OSX.

Do you know how can I access my webmail without having to ask the administrator??

thank you!

mgozalbo

Advertisements

zodsquad

zodsquad

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm sorry, but you are probably out of luck on this. Companies tend to block IP ports on their routers that are not necessary for business operations for security purposes, not necessarily to keep workers from checking Web mail (but sometimes for that purpose, too). I can't get to some of my Web-based e-mail accounts from work, either. Contacting the administrator probably won't help - they are not likely to open up a port so someone can get his or her personal e-mail from the office, unless you are a high-level executive. Wish I could be of more help!

mgozalbo

mgozalbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
thank you zodsquad, I thought that may be the case...I'll see if there is any other way round

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
here at geeks to go, we are not able to help you get around intentional set up barriers. If i where to help you i whould be violating the terms of use of this board. i suggest you read the rules of the board. I am sorry that we can not be more helpful.

mgozalbo

mgozalbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Mile runner,

I understand what you say, I am sorry I didn't read the rules and I didn't realise that what I was asking was actually not something that should be asked with security and all that, now it seems so obvious!

Anyway, thanx for all the help and as far as I am concerned, this issue is now resolved.

Best regards,

mgozalbo

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
i am truely sorry, but i am glad you figured it out. and trust me i made the same mistake when i was new. i gave support and then the admins told me i shouldn't. but i am sorry we couldnt be more helpful but if you ever have any other issues feel free to post.