Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Veritas queued jobs with external tape backup

• Please log in to reply

Jeremy_Scheiderer

Jeremy_Scheiderer

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
For some reason Veritas keeps queueing the job that is suppose to run. I am tryting to backup to a external hard drive. I have checked Veritas's website and they no longer support the verison that I am using so no one would even offer help. They told me to post a topic out. So i thought that maybe somone here could give me some help. Let me know if anyone knows anything about this.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Jeremy,

It might have been helpful if you had given us a little useful information, such as what version of Veritas Backup, what you are trying to back up, what your goal is, what you have tried so far....

I don't want to be overly harsh on you, and this is not so much just a problem with your post, but we are seeing more and more "I have a problem, but I am too lazy to give a lot of information, so you guys can fire some stuff at me and I will answer questions."

Honestly, when you are asking for help, it is only polite to be as helpful as possible, rather than taking the stance that we (who are all volunteers) ought to work extra hard to help you.

Again, not a slam on you particularly, it's just a growing trend that really tires those of us who are trying to help you out.

Help us to help you.

If you're just trying to back up "everything", odds are that the reason the program is queuing things is because certain things are in use and cannot be backed up

Jeremy_Scheiderer

Jeremy_Scheiderer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
You want more information fine...............I will give you more information. It version 8.6 and it was backing up to a tape until the tape blew up and got stuck in the server. So I fixed it by adding in these seagate 100 gig hard drives. Wouldn't you know that it worked for 2 weeks just fine the way i had it setup until this week when at 11pm at night when no one is on the server it just queues the jobs. I am backing up 2 network drive/exchange and the servers local drive. Only one things has changed and that is that i added a new user to the system. However, I don't thinkt that would cause the backup to not write. Please let me know if i made your job easier for you. I mean i would hate that you would have to do some work........