Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Half My Games arent working

• Please log in to reply

Yetimaster55

Yetimaster55

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok so I downloaded these drivers for my Nvidia GeforceMx after that, some of my games no longer worked (Rome Total War, Star Wars Empires At War). I want to get rid of the drivers i downloaded. I know to go to add/remove program in Control Panel but im afraid that ill mess up and completely screw up my video card.
Just a little basic walkthrough would help. O also im pretty sure about this but in add/remove programs theres NVIDIA drivers and NVIDIA nforce drivers, i pick just NVIDIA drivers right?

Thanks for any :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
your correct in what you stated. just that after uninstalling you will have to reinstall the video driver. Do you have an older version that you can install?

when you say your games no longer work, could you expand on that for us?

Yetimaster55

Yetimaster55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well Rome Total War for example when i start it up my moniter just goes to a bunch of different colors then says it cannot display game font. Also Star Wars Empires At War the Main Menu i cant select anything (tabs are gone) and the star destroyers in the background look like flying pizza boxes. Medieval Total War the main menu and start up is fine but when i went into a battle everything was just lines that shaped the images. I also dont have an older version of the driver to install as well. Also before i downloaded this drivers after i play Rome Total War and Empires at War for a while an error message would pop up saying that display driver is not responding and after that i whenever i try to play it on the same day the error message would come up even faster.

So far everygame that doesnt work is an rts though. Call of Duty and Knights of the Old Republic work.

If my video card is screwed over could someone help me find a decently cheap one, of course if they already know a website/were to find it, you dont have to go through the hassle.
^
Im more willing to go to this option because i feel if i try to get rid of the drivers i downloaded i would do more harm then good (always happens with me and computers).

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well if your in the usa, then I would recomend http://newegg.com/

due to the age of your system you will need to get an agp card.