Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Internet Explorers Properties is messed up..

• Please log in to reply

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
When I click my Internet Explorer Icon and go under Properties, this image shows up, http://img395.images...untitled1td.png, but this image is really suppose to show up, http://img395.images...ntitled18ps.png. i use to be able to go under properties and it would go to my internet tools options, but now it doesnt do that. i have to load up internet explorer and go under tools then options to do it now. i want it back to the normal way where i can just left click my internet explorer and go under properties, then it shows the internet tools options.

help?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
your shell object has been replaced by a shortcut

right click the desktop, choose PROPERTIES, go to the DESKTOP tab, click CUSTOMIZE DESKTOP, check the INTERNET EXPLORER box

You will now have two ICONs on your desktop, delete the older one

RichP

RichP

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Are you clicking the same icon as before?

The first image comes from right-clicking a Shortcut and selecting Properties, the second from right-clicking a program icon.

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
thank you 'gerryf'. that fixed the problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. problem solved.