Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RAID1 Array process

• Please log in to reply

drmull

drmull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
OK - Just for fun, I asked the Gigabyte guy about rebuilding an array in the future when a drive fails. He told me to go into RAID setup and select BOTH disks (source & destination) when selecting a disk within the array to rebuild. Could that be right??

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Yes, that is right--I thought that is what you did. I misunderstood what you were saying earlier. Such is the imperfection of bulletin board communication

drmull

drmull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Sorry I didn't make myself clearer!

My questioning the selection of both disks came from this:

I enter the setup utility and the array (single item) is displayed and listed as "healthy". The rebuild command is in the next window labeled "Array details". In that window both individual disks are listed. Under the window heading it says "select a disk from inside the array". You use the up & down arrow keys to select a disk - but there seems to be no way to select BOTH disks before hitting the rebuild command.

I've tried selecting one or the other disk & rebuilding. Of course, nothing happens!