Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"Netzip" Spyware Takeover

• Please log in to reply

grc

grc

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello. I am not exactly sure how to provide a "link" to my post (copy & paste?) from Sun., June 18, but I am having a very difficult time riding my system of this thing. The only thing that "catches" it is my ISP provided Yahoo! Antispy. It offers to "Remove" it - but it just comes right back (is never removed). It won't allow me to sign in (logon) as an administrator to do anything much (though I can access the net via another mode), is preventing me from updating my protections (all), and shuts down (restarts) my system at will - no seeming rhyme or reason.

I will try to copy & paste my link here - but I am afraid I may lose this post in the process.

Thanks,
grc Link: #703885 Nothing caught this one. And nothing seems able to remove it. Not SpywareBlaster, not Spybot S&D, not SpywareDoctor, not AdAware, not my Yahoo! AntiSpy that comes with my ISP contract. I update these protections several times a week (I'd say every other day) at least. Yahoo! AntiSpy will catch it when I scan, but after I click "Remove", it just comes back (and apparently Yahoo! AntiSpy has no Quarantine feature). It ("Netzip") prevents me from executing Administrator actions. I have (somehow) eliminated (removed) the program I think that it came from ("Speed Optimizer"), but everytime I attempt to Logon as administrator, it restarts my system. CleanUp is of no help either. I have tried everything I know - for several days now - to no avail.

Can anyone help? Yahoo! identifies it as "Netzip" and as "Spyware". Also, this vermin seems to have cut-off my ability to update programs/protections.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum