Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Connect to Internet

• Please log in to reply

sarahd711

sarahd711

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I was following the tutorial given on this forum to set-up a wireless internet connection and I am still unable to connect to the internet. I've tried re-starting everything (cable modem, router, and PC) but that hasn't worked. I re-checked three times to make sure I plugged all the cables in the right places as well. I need help! haha. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

rivekm

rivekm

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Sarah,

what kind of router are you using? What O.S are you using, how many computers are you trying to connect. Are you just doing a wireless internet connection or are you doing a LAN.

sarahd711

sarahd711

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Sorry! I guess I forgot to add all the important info. Anyway, it's a Linksys model WRT54G; my OS is Windows XP Home; and I'm trying to do a LAN using (2) computers so that my desktop and notebook are networked together and my notebook gets a wireless connection.

sarahd711

sarahd711

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Oh and something I just discovered that I thought might be useful to add on...

After I've connected the router and all, my local area connection is Enabled but I still can't access the internet. I tried the Repair option a few times and this hasn't changed anything. Also, sometimes in the network connections something under Internet Connections will appear and say the Internet Gateway is Disabled, and I tried enabling it but that didn't work.

Any help or references are greatly appreciated.