Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI express cards

• Please log in to reply

haramrit

haramrit

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have decided to purchase a PCI-e graphics card .But the problem is there are many available in the market and I would like to know which one is the best for my computer. 915 GAV ORIGINAL INTEL ,P4 2.8 GHz , 1 GB RAM.Plus which one will be compatible with my Motherboard .What is the difference between DDR ,DDR2 and DDR3 chipsets and their compatibility with my motherboard .Also kindly tell me the latest of the PCI express card or nvidia chipset available in the Indian Market.
Thankfully.

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well compatability depends on your motherboard what do you have?

PCI? PCI-Express? AGP? you can not just buy a card and expect it to fit it has to match your motherboard if your not sure use this program to see what you have
http://www.softpedia...e-Edition.shtml

DDR is the type of RAM a card has DDR2 is faster than DDR and DDR3 is faster than DDR2 so like this

DDR3--->DDR2--->DDR
fastest------------slowest

DDR3 or GDDR3 is the best on the market as far as grahics cards go they are able to write and read really fast

ATI are better than Nvidea in my opinion (in which many other share) they are the leaders as far as cards go

post back with your motherboard specs and we will help you further

troppo

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats an opinion ATI is good and i prefer them but they arent always the best buy, Nvidia have the middle market covered quite well with the 7600.