Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon x700 video card?

• Please log in to reply

Patentpending

Patentpending

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, thanks in advance for helping me out!!!

About a month ago there was a really bad storm and some lightning hit close buy and all my power went out. When it came back on my monitor was not showing video. It just had a yellow light where the power light is like it wasnt geting a signal. So, to test I switch to a crappy video card and everything popped right on like normal.

So, I thought what the [bleep] I'll switch back to my good one. I pop it in and sure enough everything comes right back on! Like no problems. It worked like normal for about 3 weeks. Then about a week ago my monitor light will go yellow as if no signal. Sometimes my computer just resets when that happens too. Also when I reset my computer my keyboard wont kick in sometimes. But about every 4th time resetting my comp everything kicks in and works like butter!

Well, this made me think maybe its my motherboard and not the video card. So, I happen to have another mother board exactly like the one I have no in my closet. So I swap 'em out and same exact samething happens. So seems motherboard is fine.

So I plug in the crappy vid card agin and wow.. everything works fine.. put my good one in and it doesnt... So it does seem its the vid card. But, I want to ask if there is anything else it could be? Or does it seem like my card is fried?

The good card is a Radeon x700 AGP 128. I should note that he crappy card is a PCI.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I would agree with you that it is the video card.