Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Slow system

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, my pc's extremely slow, but i'm pretty certain it's clean - i use Kaspersky Internet Suite 6, Ad-Aware, Spywareguard, Spyblaster, Spyware Doctor and Easy Cleaner to clean registry, temp files out, etc.

However, it still takes a blooming long time to startup, and search can be sluggish, even with Onspeed, which can help somewhat.

As not very technically minded, although learned a lot since g2g sorted helped me with a hijack and taught me so much about protection/security, i can tell u that i have 192 MB of RAM and am using broadband (576.0 kbps).

Perhaps I just haven't got enough memory, or could i be doing more?

Cheers, alison :whistling:

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
How many startup programs do you have? Try this. Start > Run> Type 'Msconfig'. Select Diagnostic Startup. Check if that helps. To put ur settings back to normal go back to that and Select Normal Startup. Also try the program TuneUp Utilities 2006. Just google it and try the trial. There are many things you can do to speed up your computer with that app.

Good Luck.