Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe reader and printing

• Please log in to reply

troender

troender

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have problems with printing from Adobe Reader. Sometimes when I write some pdf-files, they come out with only symbols and rubbish. This doesn't happen with all files, but some of them. If I write the same files from another computer, they come out just fine. This computer is a laptop, the others are desktop computers. I'm using a network printer. The printer is a Toshiba e-studio 160. The server runs Windows 2000 SP4 and the computer runs Windows XP (not quite sure about the SP there - I don't think it has any SP - it's actually not my computer). I've tried to update Reader to the latest version, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Reader. I've updated the printer driver on the server, and I've deleted and added the printer on the laptop. None of these things has helped at all. The only thing that can make these files come out like they should, is to choose "print as image" when I print.
At least the Reader, and probably Windows is Norwegian version.
I've talked with a lot of skilled people, but still have no solution. Help!

Advertisements

zodsquad

zodsquad

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I would suggest trying another PDF reader, such as the free one from FoxItSoftware (http://www.foxitsoftware.com). However, I don't know if it comes in languages other than English. It loads much more quickly than the Adobe Reader. You do not need to install it - just run the executable.

You should also be sure to check the Print-Setup-Properties menu and set your printer to Draft(Econofast) or Normal Print Quality.

Hope this helps some!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I know you said you have downloaded the latest version, but have you let it install the patchas? I believe the current version is 7.0.8. If you are printing documents that are in norwiegan and contain lots of graphics, it may require more features than what acrobat reader comes with.

If the font’s information is insufficient, Adobe Reader cannot substitute characters correctly, and the output will be faulty.

also this problem describes illustrator, but easily applies to all adobe products. If your printer isn't a post script printer then that may be an issue. IF it is or you want to try it you can go to adobe and download their post script driver

http://www.adobe.com...ocs/322680.html