Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

access

• Please log in to reply

rivekm

rivekm

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello,

I have created a form with names in it. I want to be able to run reports but I would like to run the report on a particuliar person and not run it on all the records. I have not been able to figure this out. I can create a form by filter and then create a report that way, however I know there must be an easier way of doing this? So lets say the last name begins with "G" and I want all the records G has entered. Any idea on how to run the report to pull just the records G had issues with?

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi rivekm,

Your form should be based on a recordset (Table or Query), which is probably a query. The best solution most likely is to base the form on a Parameter Query. What this will do, is when you open your form or run the report it will prompt you by way of a dialog box to enter the parameter (Criteria) that you want the the query to be based on.

So for example, if you want the dialog box to prompt you for a name in the Field Surname

Open the Query in Design mode
In the Criteria section of the Field Surname type [Enter Surname] Note the square brackets around the criteria.

This should do the trick for you. :whistling:

Look up "create a paramater query" in the Help section, it should give you all the neccessary info.