Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I reformated my computer and my browser wont work

• Please log in to reply

djmarak

djmarak

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I am subletting a house and get my broadband from the landlord. I had no problems with the internet or the network but my computer got a bad virus so I reformated it. I was plugged into the network with an ethernet cable when I reformated. Right after reformating my computer instantly recognized the network, and the internet worked fine. Altough, the next day I turned on my computer and Explorer gave me the "Page can not be displayed.." message.

I did not change any settings, and I could see that I was still connected to the internet and the network. There is a router is wireless and I am both plugged into it and can receive wireless signal from it. The internet connection appears to be 10 Mbs, whereas before I reformated it displayed 54 Mbs. If it helps, I downloaded messenger when the internet was connected and now it gives me a "DNS error".

I dont believe that my landlord changed anything on the router or the network. The internet also rarely cuts out. I have tried reformating my computer again and I still cant use the internet. This has lasted about 1 week.

Can you help me?
Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
right click my computer > manage > device manager > see any yellow ? or !

djmarak

djmarak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Sorry, the internet just started working properly again for no reason.

Thanks anyway,