Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero 7 Trial wont install

• Please log in to reply

gregmark34

gregmark34

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
HI,
I wanted to have a look at Nero 7 the trial version with a view to buying it but i cant install it properly,

during the installation process i get the error messages :

unable to register C:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\medialibrarynse.dll

%1 is not a valid win32 application.
ERROR=193
FACITLITY=7

I get about 10 of these for several different dll`s
if i click OK on them all i can run Nero but a lot of functions don't work.
I have spent the day looking on the net for an answer but cant really find what I'm looking for, i have also posted to the Nero people but there being extremely slow.
So is there anyone who knows what my next step should be.
Thx all, Greg

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
write down all of the dll's. look for them on your system. they should be in c:\program files or c:\windows\system32. Make sure you enable hidden files when you search (click advanced options in the search area).

If you find them then go to start run and type in: "regsvr32 file.dll". you may have to include the full path to the dll.

If you need some of the dll's. post the files you need here and we will see what we can do.

gregmark34

gregmark34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well all i can say is Thx, I have posted in Major Geeks, the Nero help forum and AOL general help forum and your the only 1 who could actually help me, your answer was exactly right and although i had to gather the said DLL files from all over the PC and not where you said they "might" be the method worked a treat
Well done that man/woman (you never know)
and THX again
Greg.

p.s. now all i have to do is figure out y the Burned DVD is soooo choppy, when the source is not.

Edited by gregmark34, 23 June 2006 - 12:38 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They released a new version today :whistling:

gregmark34

gregmark34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hmm. could b worth a look, cheers.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It's available from Nero or File Hippo

Best run their clean up tool then install the new version

http://www.filehippo...nero_7_premium/

http://www.nero.com/...Clean_Tool.html

If you have anything which cleans the drive at start up then you could switch that off for a while

Optionally, use the clean up tool on the version you have, download and save the new version, run through this then install

Prefetch is clickable for more information

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Reboot

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run defragmenter

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable the anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

gregmark34

gregmark34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thx all, i think this has got to be my forum of choice from now on for tech problems.

you have both been extremely helpful and im sure the rest of the staff are the same, I will get to having a look at the new Nero when im a bit more comfortable with Video, Codec`s, video formats, and all of the numerous settings and options that im wadding through at the moment.

Greg.