Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited or no connectivity with LAN

• Please log in to reply

helmsdeep006

helmsdeep006

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've been experiencing this recently, usually dissapears when I reconnect my cables from my router but now it's pretty persistent. My internet connection works fine, but I can't connect to my LAN. It would be great if someone could help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

Router: Linksys BEFSR41

Ethernet card: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Advertisements

IntermeDx

IntermeDx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Could you give a description of the steps you take to correct the problem and also how it appears. It could be a router or a cable problem.

helmsdeep006

helmsdeep006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I just restart my computer and turn my router on and off to correct the problem usually. I've also tried reinstalling the driver for my ethernet card, checked the cables, and released my ips but I still get limited or no connection status.

IntermeDx

IntermeDx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My Linksys BeFSR41 died recently, so it may be an intermittent problem with the router that will eventually become a permanent problem. This would be my first guess as it seems to clear up if you reboot everything. Does it remedy itself if you just reboot the router?

helmsdeep006

helmsdeep006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
If I could recall correctly, I think it does. But now I'm not connected to my router just directly to the modem. I still do get the Limited or no conectivity message.

IntermeDx

IntermeDx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well then, that would suggest the issue is with your PC/NIC. Which card do you use? It may be worthwhile to update the drivers for your card. Also make sure you have done a Malware sweep to remove any potential software problems.

You could also remove and reinstall the driver as that may correct the problem.