Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unhide AIM

• Please log in to reply

needshelp

needshelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a new AIM user, and was trying to change the settings so it wouldn't pop up everytime I turned on the computer. I ended up changing it so that everything would be hidden when I was "away". So then I clicked "away" and shortly after exited the program without coming back from "away". Now I can't find the icon to sign on to AIM anywhere. I don't have AOL so I can't sign on that way. I tried doing Google Searches, and even went to the AIM support page, and can't find any information on how I can sign back in to my account. How do I do this? Thanks!

Advertisements

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Have you tried clicking - Start > Programs and looking for it in the list? If you have and it isn't there, follow this route - right click Start and select explore, select Program Files, then AIM and then you should find the little man with 'aim.exe' underneath. Right click on 'the man' and select 'Send to > and then choose Desktop. Your little man will now be a shortcut to AIM from your Desktop! If you want that shortcut in your Quick Launch bar, right click on him on the Desktop and drag him to the bar and then choose 'copy here'

Good luck