Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some help (overheating)

• Please log in to reply

leobb

leobb

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
After using the comp for 1-2hrs my screen keep shaking
I guess its due to the overheaing of the display card,so i switch on my air conditioner
but it seems that it doesn't help much
and i am quite sure that my fads are working properly
is it the problem of overheating or something else?
plz help me to solve this serious problem,thanks

p.s. i am using the display card -- Nvidia Geforce 6600 le

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Set the computer in an open space and take the side cover off. Place a household floor fan a foot or so away from the open side and turn it on full speed. Start up the computer and see if it starts stuttering again. If it does solve the problem you need to fix the heat problem inside the case. More fans or cutting a hole in the side cover right over the GPU and installing a fan there could solve the problem. I would download speedfan and check your temps with it. It sits in the taskbar tray near the clock so its easy to check anytime.

If heat is not the problem then its probably the video drivers. It probably not likely to be bad drivers but i would update the drivers to the newest. Be careful when installing new drivers for Nvidia cards. You must uninstall the old drivers in device manager before installing new ones.

SRX660