Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

My new belkin 125mbps router not working

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Today I purchased a new Belkin high speed mode wireless g router. I have been trying to set it up and there is no reaction from the roputer not even a blink of the lights!

I have rung belkin about it and all I seem to get is a person that I cant understand on the other end of the line. He told me that the router is not compatable with the modem I have (a BT 220v thingy!) which I know for a fact is not true becuase a friend of mine has exactly thje same connection with exactly the same router.

Thanks alot U guys rock!

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Unplug the modem for a few minutes, then turn it back on and wait for the lights to settle down.

Then connect the router and leave it for a few minutes.

Connect the router by Ethernet to your PC and turn it on.

Open your browser and type and press Enter.

Enter the username and password.

Go into the router setup pages and configure youyr router according to your manual.

Edited by RichP, 24 June 2006 - 02:11 PM.