Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Supply confusions

• Please log in to reply

Matt5883

Matt5883

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help....I have a Compaq 5184, which after a power reduction fluctuation, nothing short of exploded. Of course it is possible to buy another....BUT my sister has a codegen 200XA1 atx2.03 power supply unit. The plugs are the same outputs seem to be the same....but I have been told by Compaq that the 319235-001, 110 watt paower supply cannot be replaced by a PS-2 ATX ver. 2.03 power supply. CAn Someone please help put this explanation into terms I can decipher?
Thanks Anyone!
Matt

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I don't know why it wouldn't work. Dell is the one to be careful with, although the plugs are identical to an ATX power supply, the voltages are not.

Matt5883

Matt5883

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay thanks....I still do not understand the differences..but if it will work, Yippieee
Matt