Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i am thouroghly confused

• Please log in to reply

no one

no one

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have, through tons of time trying different things, come to the conclusion that the ethernet in my motorola cable modem allows network connectivity, but not internet.

farfetched, i know, and you must be thinking this guy is insane and that it cannot be possible, but i seriously cannt find any other reason for what is going on.

When I have the modem connected to my pc (or my laptop) through USB, everything works the way it should. When I connect it through ethernet, I have a 100% perfect connection, but absolutely no internet connection.
I have just purchased a belkin wireless router, and after configuration (with the belkin software) everything was perfect, and the last step was testing the connection with the internet. Yes, what your thinking is right, It did not go through, and could not connect.

I know the issue is not the ethernet in my computer, and I cannot come to any plausible conclusion as to why I have a connection but no internet.

Thanks for reading, if anyone needs more information, please ask.

after a few resets everything is working, thanks

Edited by no one, 23 June 2006 - 10:59 AM.

Advertisements