Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I bought some source games and...

• Please log in to reply

Common

Common

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
well i went to eb games today and bought counter strike source and dod source. Only problem is that they lagg REALLY REALLY bad when i try to play it. My ping is like 400+ all the time.
What ive heard from some of the people on the other forums i go to is that i need a new graphics card. problem is i dont know ANYTHING about graphic cards; well... maybe that GeForce and ATI are the best ones out.

if you need my system specs i dont know how to get the brands and stuff/model #

I got 1 gig of ram
intel pentium 4 with HT (3.00 gHz)
200GB of storage
and other stuff

so i want to ask you guys, how do i install graphic cards since im a total noob at them

cheers and thx for the help :whistling:

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
go to Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Display Adapter and tell us which video card you have?

Common

Common

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
oh yea i had a screenshot of it ...hold on

Posted Image

edit:

its integrated btw if that helps

Edited by Common, 22 June 2006 - 09:35 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Integrated is the problem they arent designed to play games, youre lucky they play at all. Do you have PCI-E ot AGP on that board, get PC wizard2006 or CPU-Z and find out.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
no wonder you cant play it, this laptop has an embedded intel and i can play UT 2004 decently. but not sure bout Source, or any online game, lol. just get a 6600GT or something, but if u can afford get a 7900GT or x1800XT or something good.