Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I don't know how to explain it, see picture inside

• Please log in to reply

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
As you can tell by the topic title, I can't explain it all that well. :whistling: Most times when I'm loading up a website that has quite a few pictures the window that tells you to connect to the internet and has Username and Password comes up. Problem is, I'm on a router and the internet is connected all the time. I don't know how to get rid of this so the stuff will load without me clicking cancel when it comes up.

connect_mts.JPG

When this comes up, I click cancel and it loads the webpage up. But until I click cancel, I cannot do anything on the internet.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Is that popup related to the ISP you use or is it from some unknown entity? You answer to this question would indicate which direction to take.

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Yes, that's the ISP.

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
So....anything yet?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello KillEmAll83,
I live in winterpeg, now construction city, so my ISP is also MTS. Have you tried out another router, and if not could you try a friends router to rule out the fact of it being your router being defective.

Also can we try and clear up on the situation? So your problem basically is that the window seems to pop up to connect to the internet when you have a large amout of images, yet you have a router and it connects you as soon as you boot up your computer. Correct?
If this is the case, does it happen to every web page? What browser are you using?
thanx
James