Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

motherboard ?

• Please log in to reply

chrism01767

chrism01767

• Pip
  • 3 posts
this is my first post so forgive me if im in the wrong place for this post ill get to the piont i have an asus A7V8X motherboard amd athlon 2500+ cpu radeon 9550 graphics 512 ddr 400 of ram and am getting loads of problems it freezes at any time i get a beep then it wil;l shut down and restart or will just hang and ill have to restart it wont exept the latest drivers for graphics card wont set screen res or and stuck on 4 bit color i thought it was graphic card tried a geforce 64 mb card in kept getting out of range. i then had a memory stick of pc2700 512 and thought id add it but my machine keeps loading to desktop and shutting down ive tried the pc2700 in on its own same thing both times it says its there on load up i went into bios and noticed that the board had been flashed to a beta version but a later full version was available so i tried to flash but it keeps telling me that the flash doesnt match the board i no this is long winded but im really stuck i feel as its a bios fault but im on it now only cause ive disabled my graphics card please help :whistling:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

You said you currently have a beta version of the bios & you tried to update it to a full version. According to Asus's website, the latest bios version available for this board is a beta so I don't see how you can have a later full version.
When you first power the system on, you should see the bios version stated on the very first screen.
EG
ASUS A7V8X BIOS Revision : xxxx
Let me know what revision is stated (the 'xxxx' will actually be a string of numbers obviously)

Can you also confirm which video card you are now using, the Radeon or the Nvidia?
What do you mean when you say you have disabled the video card? How did you 'disable' it?

One more thing....Can you please open up the case & look at the motherboard (turn off first & do not touch actual board). Look to see if there is a sticker with '333MHz FSB SUPPORT' written on it. This sticker should be located somewhere in the lower right corner of the board (ie. to the right of the PCI slots & below the memory slots).
Let me know if you see this sticker or not.