Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help! Sticky key!

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hey folks, I spilled a drop or two orange juice on my keyboard a while ago (then again it might've been one of the kids dropping some food on it) but tried to clean it as well as I could (with absorbent tissues).

And the semicolon key just suddenly got so sticky it's really annoying. I found a tutorial on how to clean a sticky keyboard here http://www.net4tv.co...fm?storyid=1032

But for just one key I don't know whether I've got the determination to go thru all that. I'm just wondering - if I dropped a little silicon in there, would it help?

Cheers
Chinofeliz

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would just replace the keyboard. You can get one for $10.00 or less.

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
For one key? And it's like pretty much brand new anyway :S Oh man will probably have to though cos the procedure is so scary

Cheers man
Chinofeliz

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
One of our computer help desk guys cleans keyboards in the shower. Then he lets them dry a l o n g time. Me, I would replace it with a new one and avoid getting stuff on it again. I spilled coffee on one of mine. I immediately removed it, turned it upside down and let it dry for a couple of days. I am still using it on my other computer. Try cleaning it. If it doesn't work to your satisfaction, replace it.