Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP, only starts in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

murphy1230

murphy1230

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I turn on the computer, I get a black screen with some options, either start in safe mode, with some options (with networking, command promt, etc.) Or start windows normally. If I chose "start normally" the system looks like its going to start, then it just loops back to the same screen. I can only get it to work in safe mode. The computer was already re-formatted, so I couldn't start from a recovery point. & I tried the recovery cd, and tried to restore with the restorations disks with no luck.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Murph

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
a friend of mine computer was having same problem as yours but it was infected with a virus called vundo trojan horse after all the reformatting they installed a virus program and the virus was detected and quarranteened it. so its possible you maybe infected.So in safe mode run you antivirus program.

murphy1230

murphy1230

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, I'll give it a try.