Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help for BSOD pls!

• Please log in to reply

KKJH

KKJH

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I've been having problems with the BSOD. It comes on after i switch on the computer and the Windows XP logo appears. I've tried switching on in safe mode and in normal mode but the BSOD still comes out.
These are the codes in my event viewer:

Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062306-01.dmp.

After happening for like 8 times or so... i managed to get xp back on.
Firefox, MSN and Windows media player(playing MP3) were on when the comp hung again and i got this BSOD message

Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000313, 0x00000009, 0x00000000, 0xf8de742c). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062306-07.dmp.

Can anyone help me please. I suspect it has something to do with playing music. Previously it had hung when i was using winamp and thats y i changed to media player.

Thanks in advance to anyone helping!!!

Advertisements

kunwon1

kunwon1

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Can you attach your minidumps in a reply please? They'll assist greatly in figuring out what's wrong.

KKJH

KKJH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Heres the .dmp file. thanks for helping!!!

I've also done a RAM test(http://oca.microsoft.../en/windiag.asp) as recommended by a friend but it found no errors on my ram.

Attached Files

Edited by KKJH, 24 June 2006 - 03:22 AM.

kunwon1

kunwon1

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
What has changed since the last time your computer ran normally?
Have you installed/uninstalled any hardware or software,uninstall it if you have.
Check for driver updates for all your hardware.
Check in Event Viewer,in the System and Application logs for serious errors.

To get to event viewer: Start>Run>evtviewer.msc

Check in Device Manager,any problems there,any yellow exclamation marks?

To get to device manager: Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager

If you can't find anything unusual with any of the above steps, try this: Try this: http://support.micro....com/kb/307852/

KKJH

KKJH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry for not replying sooner but i cant access windows now!!
:whistling:
I cant enter windows at all. Either it hangs at the Windows XP loading screen... or the BSOD shows.
Even choosing to start in safe mode or using the "last known configuration" ends up with it hanging or showing the BSOD.

When i was able to start windows before this, i have already uninstalled any recently installed programs and have also checked that all Devices are running normally in Device manager. I however didnt manage to check for driver updates.

Would appreciate any help at all... to solve the problem or to at least enter windows. Please :blink:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
do you have your xp disk? (not a recovery disk..an actual xp disk?)

go to www.memtest.org and follow the instructions for making a bootable disk to test your ram (you can make a floppy or cd version depending on what you need)...run that for at least 2 hours and report any errors

KKJH

KKJH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for replying, dsenette, kunwon1.

I do not have an XP disk as my computer is a compaq desktop(4years old, no warranty). i only have the recovery disk.

I've ran the memtest for about an hour... no errors so far. Will report back again after another hour.

edit: ok, test ran for 2hrs already, still no error. I'll leave it to run overnight. In the mean time, i still cant get into windows.... help!

Edited by KKJH, 26 June 2006 - 12:44 PM.

KKJH

KKJH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
still unable to get into windows.

got another BSOD just now;

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000051, 0x00000005, 0x00000001, 0xF99DCD7F)

*** atapi.sys - Address F99DCD7F base at F99DB000, Datestamp 41107b4d

later on tried to on the comp but nothing showed onscreen... but the internal speaker had sounds of different tones going on and on. used power button to off n on again...but comp still hangs at XP loading screen or, if i select safe mode, after the .sys files are loaded.

so far have ran memtest and a program by seagate to check for harddisk problems but none detected.

really need help to solve this. thanks! :whistling: