Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Abode Acrobat Professional

• Please log in to reply

markey99

markey99

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Heres the problem, I have two clients, each making a PDF, from what program I dont know. But they are bascially the same file but coming from two different people.

From one client the pdf is fine and everything looks good.

From the other client a line on the pdf for some reason displays and prints as a dotted line, when it should be a solid line.

They are using to view the pdf, acrobat professioanl 7.0, we are using professional 6.0. But there is a computer in the office here that has 4.0 and it looks fine in 4.0, then when we open the same exact file file in 6.0 the line becomes dotted.

We downloaded 7.0 reader and everything displays and prints fine. However I need the professional, but dont want to buy at this time if I dont have to.

I am running XP.

Any and all help will be appreicated, thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i would have no idea what's causing this...but...it seems that you've narrowed it down to some form of incompatability between 7 and 6....is it possible within version 6 to redo the line on the offending PDF once you open the file? like replace the line with what 6 would concider a solid line?

markey99

markey99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is possible to do that using pitstop, however, what we are printing needs to be exact. Theres not a way to make it in the exact same spot and same stroke width.

Any other ideas?