Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With Steam/CS:S

• Please log in to reply

Networkman

Networkman

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I reformated my computer cause i had an about:blank infection.

I installed CS:S/Half Life 2 and used the same steam account i had last time and now when i try to join a server ... another window opens up in game with the server details and it says my latency is 1024 and whne i click join it just says connecting to server and does nothing.

I also switched from using a normal modem to using a voyager 205 router ... may that have anything to do with it?

Also when i try to host games and servers such as teamspeak i give the IP for others to join and they say they cant. I have also tryed switching my firewall off an it doesnt make a difference.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hmmm, i would try browsing the Steam support forums at http://www.steampowered.com

Networkman

Networkman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have do you think its got anything to do with my router? or SP2?