Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

So much spyware...

• Please log in to reply

milani

milani

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, I've been flooded to say the least. I had about 8 spyware scanners going and it found over 3000 spyware and malware files. Well, even after removing all 3000 spyware files, rebooting, rescanning, and removing another 600+ my computer is still screwed to say the least. At one point i had a browser hijacker, which altered google so that i would be flooded with ads and bad search results when I used it. I still have something that seems to superimpose advertisments overtop of the web ads i should actually see. The ads say by gooooogle or something. And the adress is googlesyndicate.com or something. This is really frustrating me, besides the mass popups from multiple processes, the d*** toolbars (still can't remove aze search toolbar), and the constant trojans found downloading new stuff, im about ready to rip my hair out here. I've got a large list of spyware scanners, namely: Spybot search and destroy, spyware doctor, scan spyware v3.2, No Adware, Adaware, TZ spyware-adware remover, bazooka, AGV free, and Norton antivirus. Even when I run them one after the other in safemode they clearly arent finding all of it. And i suspect that even when they do, they are either unable to remove it, or it merly redownloads after, since they are finding the same files over and over again. It'd be great if someone could help me out, and no, system restores and/or whiping the computer clean. The most important thing for me is to get rid of the aze search, because I believe that all my spyware related problems began when i noticed that little bundle of joy on my browser...

Advertisements

calx

calx

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I would suggest:
Assuming you are running XP.

Make sure all windows up dates are done.
Make sure Ad-aware is up to date.
If on ASDL disconnect so your PC can not connect to Internet.

Install a fire wall I use Zone alarm. Then you can monitor what goes in and out of your PC.

Run Adaware. Delete all that it finds.

Check Add/remove programs for any signs of dodgy software.

If you are doing P2P downloading .. get rid of that too. It is notorious for filling you up with spyware... esp if not a legal version.

TO be sure run a virus checker like AVG (its free)

Hope this helps.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.