Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hi. What's dumprep0-k?

• Please log in to reply

natakudragoon

natakudragoon

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi. I've been having this program(?) in my task manager called dumprep 0-k coming up often. I've been trying to run msconfig and disable it from starting up too but it comes back. How does it affect me?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
it shouldn't affect you at all. Its a necassary system task that if you encounter a bluescreen of death it will dump the informaion in memory to a file. Windows Error Reporting Dump Reporting Tool is the official title. Control Panel | System | Advanced |startup and Recovery. However, we don't recomend doing this.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I would actually turn the memory dump options off, for the simple reason that it means absolutely nothing to anybody outside of Microsoft, plus it just takes up HDD space.

natakudragoon

natakudragoon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
oh ok. its just that i never seen that in my task manager before.