Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A couple things happening, internet explorer?

• Please log in to reply

justconnnieb

justconnnieb

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a few things going on right now and I am not sure if they are related or not. It all seems to have started when I downloaded a newer version of internet explorer (version 7)
I have AOL broadband and now when ever I search or open any window there is a white band across the top of the page. It is about 2 inches deep and across the whole page.
I have noticed now that quite often now when I go to log into something or open something it comes up saying "page not found" And it is for things that I know are there and other people I know are able to log in with no problem.
The last problem I am noticing is that on one site ( a site that I do surveys for, and it is a legit one that I get paid for all the time ) I get a pop up from internet explorer asking "do you want this programe to have access to your clip board" it gives me the option of yes or no but, even when clicking it numerous times it never goes away.

I have done ad ware scans and a virus scan and everything was clean.
Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks so much,

Connie

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
have you checked your internet options

did you check your privacy or parental options on your security

at the bottom of your status bar do you see anything other than internet

maybe a little box with privacy security or anything like that

it should show just above your task bar clik on the warning

justconnnieb

justconnnieb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I just checked the things you mentioned. No parental controls are checked.

Connie