Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

linux version of net send

• Please log in to reply

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
is there something like net send for linux? do you know how you type in in cmd in windows xp, net send, etc. is there something like that for SuSE ?

Edited by daniel_c, 23 June 2006 - 11:53 PM.

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hey daniel,

this may help with unix/cmd prompt commands.
http://www.msi.umn.e...sda/ntunix.html

There is a command called "wall"... however i never used it.

who version of SUSE are you using... I have Suse 9.3 installed

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
ive got SuSE 10.1 its the best u gotta download it..............though it's around 3.9GB to download it.....i also use knoppix 4.0 live cd.....thanks for those CMD's some of them are very useful

Edited by daniel_c, 03 July 2006 - 05:22 PM.

techie1_8

techie1_8

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Daniel i am running suse 9.1 and there is no cmd like in windows xp , you will have to go to terminal in suse
. i would like to know how to upload my website to suse . this server will act as my intranet server and my hostname will be intranet.domain.co.za . i can ping the server but when i go to my browser it says access forbidden , do u perhaps no where i can store my html files

thanks
Jason