Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SOLVED: GIF Animations not working on IE nor Firefox!

• Please log in to reply

Doova

Doova

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello.

Recently my .GIF Animations on Internet Explorer and Firefox have all of the sudden stopped playing. I've never had this problem before until yesterday! :)

Most of my myspace profile includes animations. I'm sure that it's not just my profile acting up because the animations don't work in Photobucket, where I upload them. PLus, they worked before! They just all of the sudden stopped... :blink:

I've already went into Internet Options and checked to see if "Play animations in web pages" was checked. also, I don't use Zone Alarm, so dont ask... I've noticed that it's been the cause of past animation problems...

:whistling: <-- this should be more than one frame of animation, but i'm only seeing the first frame of EVERY animation.

THANK YOU so much in advanced for ANY help!

Don

Problem solved!
I'm using Callwave Accelerator with my dial-up. And whenever I cleaned out my cookies and temp. internet files, and browsed with the accelerator on, it wouldn't load the .gif animations.

So, ones out there who are experiencing the same problem I am... just turn off your web accelerator and refresh your page and see if the animations will play then...

:woot:

oh well, ended up solving it on my own with ZERO REPLIES in 12 WHOLE HOURS THANK YOU :help:

Edited by Doova, 24 June 2006 - 11:32 PM.

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
thanks for the feed bak on how you resolved it.