Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word 2003 Spell checker

• Please log in to reply

JChristopher

JChristopher

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have just typed a long document and realised that it was not being checked as I typed. When I tried to spellcheck it said spell check complete even though I had typed incorrect words. Went to Tools>Options>Spelling and Grammar Tab>Check Document this reset spelling checker but made no difference it still said check was complete. Started typing another document and this was spell checked as I proceeded in the usual manner. I have now spent longer than I did typing the original 10 page document trying to resolve this problem and getting nowhere fast!

I typed this document in several sessions and the only thing I have done differently is to open the document file in Word then through File>then picked it out from the most recent documents at the bottom, I usually use Windows Explorer to access files.

Has anyone any ideas as to how I can get the spellchecker to work on this particular file please.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
lets start by running a repair of office. just open work, go to help. then detect and repair. once you have repair running then just close work and let it finish.

JChristopher

JChristopher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have just typed a long document and realised that it was not being checked as I typed. When I tried to spellcheck it said spell check complete even though I had typed incorrect words. Went to Tools>Options>Spelling and Grammar Tab>Check Document this reset spelling checker but made no difference it still said check was complete. Started typing another document and this was spell checked as I proceeded in the usual manner. I have now spent longer than I did typing the original 10 page document trying to resolve this problem and getting nowhere fast!

I typed this document in several sessions and the only thing I have done differently is to open the document file in Word then through File>then picked it out from the most recent documents at the bottom, I usually use Windows Explorer to access files.

Has anyone any ideas as to how I can get the spellchecker to work on this particular file please.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what's the point in quoting yourself? Have you followed my instructions?

JChristopher

JChristopher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

what's the point in quoting yourself? Have you followed my instructions?

Sorry starjax

I have no idea how I managed to post my original query again!

The response should have been to let you know that your instructions worked. Thank you for you help and apologies once again for the confusion

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
lol. :whistling: Glad that worked for you. If you have any more questions please let us know.

Thanks,
Starjax