Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I think I've Got A Virus

• Please log in to reply

ekule

ekule

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,
I recently was talking to a few mates on MSN and got a conversation message that said "Hey Check this picture out" and I clicked the picture and then that's when the [bleep] went down! :whistling:

All the windows popped up and then I CPU usage went to 100% and really bogged down the computer. I then whipped out the WiFi dongle and it sort of settled itself down. I Have been looking on my laptop and found that it's probably called something like the AIM/MySpace virus and really. I haven't got alot to play with... I can only just boot the computer into Safe Mode and when it does, no icons appear and the only way I can get to anything is by ctrl+alt+del and running a process.

I had AVG on my PC but now i can't seem to run it. It says the installation is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled. Just my luck!! :help: I really don't want to have to reinstall everything because I have alot of geaor on there that, not having backed up :blink:, will lose!

I have no problems with diving into the registry or anything becuas my computer is just fked at the moment so I guess I can't fk it anymore than what it already is...

if anyone had any ifo as to what I can do to get it going, much appreciated.

Thanks, Luke.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum