Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstall issue

• Please log in to reply

sistabam

sistabam

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey all...ive been trying for ages now to uninstall my msn 7.5 but wheneva i go to do it, it comes up saying "This patch could not be opened.Verify that the patch exists and that you can access it,or contact the application vendor to verify that it is a valid WIndows installer patch package".....ive got plus for msn...and thats about it, so im confused as to wot patch it wants me to find

Edited by sistabam, 24 June 2006 - 07:49 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
first uninstall plus and then see if you uninstall msn 7.5. It may be necassary to reiinstall 7.5 in order to uninstall it.

sistabam

sistabam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey star...ty 4 the reply...i tried that and after banging my head on the monitor it still wouldnt uninstall...ne other ideas?...ty

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
download microsoft's msi cleanup utility: http://support.micro...om/?kbid=290301
(link for download is toward the bottom).

installed and then run utility. look for the offending program. highlight and click remove.

This does not remove the program, only the installationi info for it. try reinstalling the program to see if it allows you to remove it.

sistabam

sistabam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yay it worked...thanx heaps star,it had been buggin me for ages :whistling: