Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

98 can connect w USB but not ethernet

• Please log in to reply

Denny Johnson

Denny Johnson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Oops...double post.

Edited by Denny Johnson, 06 July 2006 - 08:21 PM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Sorry about the late response, Denny.

At 19 changed from Disable WINS Resolution to Use DHCP for WINS Resolution

You can leave that the way you had it :whistling: I can basically guarantee that you won't need a WINS server, so no need to have it setup.. But it won't hurt either way.

Do you know what sort of speeds your ISP claim to be giving you? If not, it should say some where on their site, under whichever Plan you're on.. Please post that information -- it should be a certain upload / download speed.

Please run this Speed Test.. At the end, it will tell you an upload / download speed.. Let's see what the difference is between what you should be getting, and what you are.. on your USB.

Denny Johnson

Denny Johnson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Dan,
No need to apoligize, we've both been busy, a break was nice.
Changed back to Disable WINS Resolution.
ISP says 3072 kbps Downloads /256 kbps uploads.
I had run the Speakeasy test on numerous occasions from 2 to 4 weeks ago, readings were roughly 680kbps up / 226 kbps down.
Interestingly, I've run it four times today (2 different time frames), and get only 622 up / same 226 down.
Thanks
Denny