Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internal Hardrive

• Please log in to reply

CyberDragon

CyberDragon

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Im Thinking of buying on but the thing is.....how exactly does it work? :blink: :whistling:

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there CyberDragon, Are you thinking of buying a harddrive?

Well the first thing you should do is see if you want an IDE or ATA drive. You have to see if your motherboard is compatible to IDE and ATA.

The next thing you want to look for is how big you want the hard drive to be, you get differnet sizes, I would recommened not getting anything smaller than an 80Gig.

I dont know how else to explain about hard drives, but let me know exactly what you want to know about them.

Coool :whistling:

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Also, please explain why you are thinking about buying a new hard drive.

Is the original drive filling up ? Too slow ? You want to organize your data ? Need a portable drive ? You are getting into video editing ? You want to mirror your important files ?