Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help formatting a backup drive in mac os x

• Please log in to reply

PC-MAC

PC-MAC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running a mac os x/xp dual boot system. I have a very large external drive that I want to use as as backup for each system. I have formatted one partition (120GB) as NTFS using xp. I am using this partition to backup my xp system. I want use mac os x to format the rest of the unallocated space (110GB) in a mac format so that I can backup my mac system to this new partition. Using the mac disk utility I cannot figure out how to format the unallocated space without deleting all the information on my NTFS partion. I am a lifelong PC user and am new to this mac stuff. If anyone can tell me how to do this, that would be great!

Advertisements

samdaman

samdaman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
take the harddrive out the computer and beat the crap out of it :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
hey man dont be rude. help them or dont post at all