Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Misplaced Start menu

• Please log in to reply

funnybone

funnybone

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello:
My mother's Start menu has somehow jumped to the top of the screen, and my attempts to drag it down have only extended the gray area of the menu box to fill half the screen while pushing all the desk-top icons to an assortment along the bottom half of the screen.

My attempts to find any resolution in the control panel [Display / Task bar and Start Menu] have not given me any radio buttons to click or uncheck, that I can find.

She has Windows ME installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
J.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Try clicking on a blank space on the taskbar, hold the click and drag it to the right side. Let go of the click an see if the taskbar is moved there. Again click a blank spot and drag it too the bottom. Letting go the click should move the taskbar back to the bottom. I had one computer do this and that was the only way to get it back to the bottom.

SRX660