Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer restarts itself

• Please log in to reply

natakudragoon

natakudragoon

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I've been having trouble with my computer(again). Once in a while, the computer restarts itself. But it doesnt even go through the logging off and saving my windows settings, not like a regular shutdown. I just hear the computer make a click sound, then everythings' gone and it just boots back up. What could be the problem?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Most likely--Power supply failing
Possible Heat
Long shot on Bad memory

Start > run
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Anything under system or application when the shutdown occurs? If no, got an extra PC with another pwoer supply you can swap out?

natakudragoon

natakudragoon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hm. i just noticed its when i play a game(maplestory), then after a while i exit the game. But once i try to start the game back up the second time around, its when this happens.

natakudragoon

natakudragoon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok i confirmed it. It is just when i start the game, exit the game, then try to start it up again then it crashes and reboots without logging off, saving my settings and shutting down, goes right to the start up screen, as if i just opened the computer. Then i'm guessing its just a bug in the game and its security program.