Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internext Explorer Gremlins

• Please log in to reply

akheila

akheila

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Good afternoon,

For some reason, every time I open IE, it tells me it encountered a problem and must be shut down. I have tried rebooting, and system restore, with no luck.

It is rather frustrating. I can move the error report window out of the way and work like that, but obviously this is not ideal.

Can anyone help?

EDIT -- It seems to be ANY program that attempts to access the internet except my outlook.

I will post a HJT log in the other forum, but if anyone has ideas here, please let me know.

Edited by akheila, 25 June 2006 - 01:13 PM.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Let's wait on this thread until your malware issues are resolved. (if any). Once a Staff member in the Malware forums declares you clean...if you are still having problems, then come back here and the Tech Staff will work with you to straighten things out.

We do this to prevent double efforts of Staff time and resources, and to make sure no one messes things up for you when they think they are helping. :whistling:

akheila

akheila

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Problem seems to have gone away by itself, but the malaware guys removed some stuff I did not even know was there.

Thanks for your time Cat. Keep up the good work!

Ak